My Favorite Chocolate Cake
My best friend Qurratu asked for my chocolate cake recipe. Although I am not really a baker, but I sure have “the knack” in baking LOL. So.. here it is 🙂
1 3/4 cup flour
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp soda bicarbonate
1/2 tsp salt
- Mix, and sift Ingredient “A” together twice. (I always do it twice. I don’t know why).
- Then, put the sifted ingredients into a big mixing bowl.
- Add 1 1/2 cup caster sugar and mix them slowly.
- Beat 2 eggs in a separate bowl, and mix slowly.
- Add 1 cup (full) of corn oil.
- Add 1 cup (full) of hot milk.
- Add 1 cup (full) of hot water.
- You get the idea, just mix them all slowly. LOL.
- Put the mixture in your favorite baking tin.
- Pre-heat your oven at 180 Celcius, bake for 35mins (or until it is nicely cooked).
Note for beginners: the mixture IS supposed to be very soft, so don’t panic. It’s gonna be just fine. Oh don’t make the mixture wait too long before being put in the oven. It MUST NOT wait. Mark my words *stern look and very deep voice*.
If you forgot to pre-heat the oven and you have to wait, just give it a good, slow mixing before you put the mixture in your baking tin and quickly bake it. I’ll post a photo of it, if I ever bake it again. My oven is broken so I need to send it for repair. But the one above there is exactly how it’s gonna turn out. Cheers!